Thursday, 8 March 2012

Zsa Zsa Gabor

This post has nothing to do with Zsa Zsa. The title is a red herring.
I come back to this blog only when I am stressed out, or tired, or ill.

This means I have grown up sufficiently and am not excited about comments anymore. This then means
1. I don't have readers.
2. I don't care about readers.

There was a time when I was obsessed about the comments my readers would post on my blog. I would savour each comment and think about it.

But now I don't.

There are many reasons for this.
1. A lot of people talk shit about me. So I have stopped caring about what people say. If they say bad things I am indifferent, but this has a reverse side to it. I don't expect or care about good things either.
2. I am scared of growing old and I am growing older, if not old. My contemporaries are getting married. This is scary. Marriage is what happens to older and usually taller people.

After finally doing a BA and MA, it is only now(after weekly bouts of binge drinking and dancing alone at nightclubs) that I can read theory like a professional and understand it in a very short span of time. I can separate the grain from the chaff, the shit from the pee, the champagne from the dry white in academic writing. This means that
1. I really am old.
2. Perhaps I should get married and have babies before I become a feminist-marxist-deconstructionist-hedonist-sadist-masochist-critic.


I have a lot of pizza and burp comfortably in my room. Again, impending old age.


Wanted: a non-vegetarian, bespectacled, broad-shouldered, narrow-minded, orthodox, cow-eating, bullshitting, theory-spouting, rules-flouting, smoking, drinking, low-thinking but not slow-thinking, sexy man. Has to be essentially but not really Bengali. He has to accept that I am a Byronic hero, that I will always be cleverer and more charming than him, and on no account must he write poetry.

If you find him, leave a comment.
Well, leave a comment anyway.

10 comments:

Strawberry Amma said...

I have found him. Wasim Akram - seems fine?

moo-moo said...

Ish cow-eating kyano?? cow ki dosh korlo?? And I have decided I'll carry a knife shobshomoy, as i grow old, it will motivate me to remain a chhuri.

Elendil said...

Panda! Miss you. *hug*

little boxes said...

when you find him, ask if he has a brother :P

Arse Poetica said...

Wasim Akram will not do, Ms. Amma.

Cow kono dosh kore ni. Shob thik korechhe. That is why it is so tasty.

I miss Elendil too.

If he has a brother, we can be sisters.

Somewhere Circus said...

You sound happy.

little boxes said...

sisters we are ;)

Anoo. said...

I <3 you.

kaichu said...

ahona!! mujhe chhor ke tum mat ja na :)

kaichu said...

ahona!! mujhe chhor ke tum mat ja na :)