Wednesday, 13 July 2011

You said; You will not be like them.
You will be different: more profound, more thoughtful,
less glitzy, with depth, with understanding.
With the understanding which comes with the late afternoon sun.
I didn't know I could miss you so much.
Your absence my strength.
Your absence my understanding.
Your absence my love.
Your absence my greatest weakness.

You said: We are like two travellers on
two parallel paths who never meet.
We met.
And now your absence is my
Key to memory.
I don't know how exactly to recall you.
I don't know how to tell you
You said there is no need.
We are young
but we are not free.
I am not free
because I miss you.

Your absence is freedom
in a different way.
And to think nobody will understand.

3 comments:

Strawberry Amma said...

Waiting to see Africa comment upon this!

debdeep said...

We had love

We had passion


No more of those passionate nights

No more of those stinging kisses


The umbilical chord is torn

The juices are dry


Now we talk of days lost

Nights spent waking


Now we sniff for the good times

The sheets have been scrubbed clean


The curtain has been ripped apart

The clothes given away


What remains is the dirty dish

The grimy ladle

And the smell of garlic on our breaths

Arse Poetica said...

@debdeep-
did you write this? It's nice! =)