Thursday, 31 March 2011

Serious separation anxiety-and I can't bear this city anymore. I'll go mad if I stay here. May will come soon and then I get to know. I don't know what, I just want to go away, and begin a new life. The novel lies unfinished as always. There's nothing novel about writing a novel, but I cannot write it here.

I will miss 2008 all my life.

The year I found love, and turned twenty and the year little Plato was born.
We walked hand in hand, eating chine badam and I pretended I was a good girl and did not smoke.
He broke his alcohol virginity.
I tried to dress up and stopped wearing over-sized clothes.
There must have been many other things, but certain things I remember more than others-and I also realize that these moments made me distracted and deviate from the path I should have taken, but now the moment of reckoning has come. I have messed up a little bit, but a great many things remain. I am still only 22 going on 23, life has just begun.

Somehow, I have realized that nobody can suppress my mind for long. So goodnight and goodluck, my detractors. The mind has just witnessed a glorious morning.

Only, I will always miss 2008.

3 comments:

The Reluctant Rebel said...

I miss 2008 as well. My last year in university. Its all downhill from there I'm afraid.

Arse Poetica. said...

Well I am a doing a PhD (or DPhil as it's called) so I guess some more time in University for me ;)

Anoo. said...

2008 was nice, yes. :)