Friday, 11 February 2011

a fabulous mermaid

Fables are not for little children.
The heat oppresses me.
As the air escaped my lips, I caught it
in my fingers. It did not linger.
And it never came back.
A part of my soul left me forever
I suffer from a lack.
And I would never know
how to get it back, and so:
The world is too vast
and my world is too little.

My world is too small
and I cannot hold air
in the palm of my hand.
I do not understand
why I cannot hold it all
Hold all in my heart
Why my eyes smart
at the mention of the universe.
I guess it is a curse.

And I think:
I will hold stars in my eyes
and air in my fist
And my love will be mist.
And I shall sink
Deep into the sea.
At last I will be me.

Oh yes, the heat oppresses me
and fables are not for little children.
And yet I would be
a mermaid.
I would be...
One with the sea.
I would be.
Me.

3 comments:

Rahul Saha said...

Summer is indeed here.

Magically Bored said...

Very nice.

uncrypted soul said...

wow..............where u got those feelings to write...........awsome.........