Monday, 14 June 2010

zoo.

His eyes pierced through to the depths of my soul. How many people have I seen with that expression in their eyes? Tamed nobility, always waiting to strike back at the servile oppressors gazing as inane voyeurs. I felt ashamed and awed and knew that the tiger roars and knows that this is a mock roar, mock roar at himself.

I could see his eyes and these were the eyes that shone with a curious mixture of outrage and boredom. His body itself was poetry, but the body was tamed and curbed, the spirit crushed and restricted. Human beings are such a sickening race, my pulse increased and my heart beat fast, I wondered what it would be to meet him in a forest....

And then the wilderness of the Calcutta streets beckoned and I went home in a taxi.

To tackle the forests of night in my own mind. Or lack thereof.

5 comments:

atindriyo said...

Nagoriir mahot raatrike taar mone hoy Libya r jangoler mato...Tobuo jontu-gulo aanupurbok, otiboitonik....Bostuto kapor porey lojjabashoto....

Anushka said...

My first response to this was actually a sound.

Elendil said...

If you met him in a forest he would eat you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

*growl*

Baudolino said...

byaaghro, byaaghro deeptomoy noy
raatrir bone bone koro bichoron

Baudolino said...

noy noy, noyon