Thursday, 29 April 2010

dog's life

There's a dog that lives on my street. It runs away when it sees me and is scared of me and everybody else. It refuses food, I don't know what it eats. I don't know why it is scared. I tried to go up and talk to him today (it's a him) and it was so scared. But the proximity allowed me to make a horrible discovery. Some fucker has tied a string or rope around his lower body and this fucking rope/string bites into its body and drives it mad with irritation and pain. All day long he nibbles at it, trying to get it off his back. He is largely unsuccessful.

If I try to untie it, he will bite me. And the worst part is, he has grown used to that fucking rope. Maybe he will miss it if someone unties it, and nibble at the disfigured flesh and skin instead. That horrifies me most of all- how most creatures get used to their misery until they are unable to conceive an existence without the presence of great physical or spiritual anguish.

4 comments:

ZenaT_Pinter2284 said...

haha~ funny! thank you for your share~ ........................................

Elendil said...

It's amazing how you can intellectualize it, but don't have the balls to actually go and cut off the rope. Call Nilanjana.

Madhuri Ramachandran said...

brilliant, loved it!

Magically Bored said...

I second Elendil. Tell Neeli, or Madhura, if she's still here. They'll figure out a way to fix it.