Tuesday, 23 February 2010

trippy trip trippy

Going to Delhi and staying in a university where my father studied in the 70s. This is going to be odd, I always have a problem with history. Which is perhaps why he didn't encourage me to study it in the first place. To think this is where Baba did his thing when he was my age is bound to be a bit strange, especially because everyone thinks I look like a young him in jeans and sweater. The kaalo choshma, the short crop of unruly curls and the rather hostile smirk at people who oppose us.

Not to mention the total lack of regard for order, sobriety and reason. There is absolutely no method in our madness. Except he's lots cleverer than I am. And he is married to my mother- an achievement I can never hope to emulate. She is the most beautiful and clever and sensitive Leo that I have ever seen. Which reminds me- she got his goat, that rather wretched Capricorn that he is.

So I'm going to Delhi tomorrow and staying where he stayed 35 years back and wondering whether the quirkiness of time will kill me when I go to England in summer, for that will remind me of the summer 22 and more years back when I was conceived. The product of the marriage between two earnest young scholars who had to wait 7 years before bringing me into it without the hope of a sibling-before or after.

I don't think I want to do a serious PhD after all.

7 comments:

Priyanka said...

Where in Delhi?

Sugar Magnolia said...

Ei, what sign are you? Aquarius?
And, have fun :)

如此的 said...

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.............................................

Anurima. said...

what is a funny phd panda?

Holy Ghost said...

If you need any help here in Delhi, feel free to contact me at my email address : anikbiswas@gmail.com

I'll try to help.

Elendil said...

PHD - Ponde hoy diorrhea.

Baudolino said...

Prayag, what is "diorrhea?"