Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Darkness.

Dim the lights on the banks of the Ganges,
frown on your most ardent. I have realized that the pain in my most human heart
Cannot be represented by your meagre art.
Tomorrow smile at me, your devout admirer.
Today hold me close to your bosom. And then we shall listen
to the silent fireflies. Softly as they glisten.
Tomorrow the sun will set, today is forever.
I have learnt that we shall sail into our own minds
and then; dare call you me unkind?

Dim the lights on the bridges that span it
and hope for the eternal. I have realized that what we see
in finitude is nothing but.Me.
Tomorrow take me away, your eloquent antagonist.
Today hold me to your coherence, howsoever a lie
and then when we live, we learn how to die.
Tomorrow the sun will set, now we must know.
Knowledge of finitude that will teach
How we love each.

Dim the lights on the boats that we ride on
and curl up in love. I have realized that all else is untrue
Or so they said, except the sky and (perhaps) you.
Tomorrow I go away, your absolute enemy
Today I am your friend, though it is painful
It can yet be gainful.
I do not hope for justice, nor love, nor truth, nor knowledge.
I know that the world is not this embrace and
How can it be? Darkness consumes your face.

6 comments:

Baudolino said...

I know that the world is not this embrace and
How can it be? Darkness consumes your face.


This is a true sequel to 'Eternal sunset.'

Elendil said...

Nice, nice.

Sigh, I cannot write poems anymore.

Bhooter Raja said...

This is very good.

mnemonic adhesiveness, and all that.

Grigori said...

Mnemonic adhesiveness. (Stunned at Human Folly. Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum, etc.) Nah, can't be!

Either mnemic or demonic.

@Arse Poetica: You write engagingly.

Arse Poetica. said...

@Rasputin

Do I know you? Please?

@other three gentlemen
such condescension is depressing. Really.

Bhooter Raja said...

tui prochondo baaler kobita likhish. happy now? :P