Sunday, 18 May 2008

Stories.

Ei remember.
Remember that story about that little boy who came from nowhere and spoke simple French and charmed everybody's heart and all that? Then this man wrote it down into a book called The Little Prince. Which was a wise and wonderful thing to do and I have two copies of the book( one I filched, one I bought) but that's not the story I wanted to share today.

Ummmm. No,no.Not that jazz story either. Yes that adorable little cafe(oh how do you do the accent!?) and the conducive lighting and the oh-most-suitable music and the wood panelling and the bitter bitter coffee which was milky and frothy too. And the improvised ham sandwiches touched up with ketchup, coleslaw, chips and kasundi. But no that's not the story.

This is 678 AD story. Don't stare at me like that. I will shoot you where your eyebrows meet.( I did not take that line from a DGradeWestern.) Hmmm. So basically this story is about this little girl with big eyes and long black silky hair and slanty eyes. Shytes, I mean big, slanty eyes. Big,slanty, exotic. Ooooo...you dunno repetition is a technique?I merely wished to rub it into you.You think I'm stoopid? Heh. Yes, 678AD. China.The dynasty eludes me, as does the province. But this girl was very pretty and very wise and very nice too. And she was single and liked it. Then, one day, she had enough of alone-ness. She thought;let me now explore. Go out. Drink wine in these native porcelain antiques. Eat rice with these long chopsticks with a nice boy, or nice boys. Or maybe a NiceMan. Exciting. And one bound foot forward, she set out.
They Called Her MingLing Because She Did.

18 comments:

Elendil said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D

Good one!

And the Little Prince is such a lovely story.

March Hare said...

=)
=)

NiceMen or NiceBoys are hard to come by, though. :P

ahona said...

NiceBoys there be a plenty, but NICEMEN!!!
*splutters*
oxymoron,innit.

Elendil said...

I beg to differ. *ahem*

oshtorombha said...

some stories, my friend, are not meant to be understood.
You mind if I call the funny lad Elendil an idiot?
Of course you do not.
@ Elendil: I know that you will go to my blog and post some silly comment. I give a damn, though.

ahona said...

Oshtorombha, my deep regards and respect...
Who Are You, if I may ask?And where is your blog?
Once again *salutes*

oshtorombha said...

My blog? Ah, yes. How could I forget. Will surely send the link over.

How can the young lad comment and put his bony little prying nose to good use if I remain inaccessible?

And, charming lady who writes stories, I knew MingLing. She had a cat called Merger. But the NiceMan did her in.

ahona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ahona said...

Oh and Oshtorombha, whoever you are, the Merger episode...
It is, as Kipling said, another story.
But 'twas a nice story as stories go. As a version of the real, it was mysterious and spooky.And that NiceMan was served fourteen years withut parole.But he escaped and lived the rest of his life hallucinating on a Goa Beach.

ahona said...

*coughs*

Johnny Murder?

ahona said...

MANDEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????

ahona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oshtorombha said...

Johnny Murder?
Tch Tch.

Nay, I am Jimmy Valentine.

ahona said...

aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhh.

whoisit?
Nina Simone?
TheGhostOfJohnLennon?
Maggie Thatcher!
JimmyValentine is NOT.

The Horror!The Horror! Indeed. Is it Ted?
(Not Roosevelt, most obviously?)

ahona said...

You are a self-styled prophet, aren't you. You sound like Mandy and you talk strange.A bit like an ild friend of mine.
*ponders*

ahona said...

old*
not wild

ahona said...

nice pun. tui mandy ki?
tahole; devious.

ahona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.